Views: 1000 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-10-06 Origin: Site
The reason why polyester fabrics are easy to pilling is closely related to the fiber properties, mainly due to the small cohesive force between fibers, high fiber strength, and large elongation ability, especially bending fatigue resistance, torsion fatigue resistance and good abrasion resistance, so the fiber is easy Sliding out of the fabric surface, once a small ball is formed on the surface, it is not easy to fall off. In the actual wearing and washing process. The fibers are constantly subjected to friction, so that the fibers on the surface of the fabric are exposed to the fabric. There are many unpleasant hairs on the surface of the fabric, which is called "pilling". If these hairs cannot fall off in time during wearing, they are entangled with each other and kneaded into many small spherical particles, usually called pilling.
The main factors that affect fabric pilling and pilling are:
(1) The fibers that make up the fabric;
(2) Textile process parameters;
(3) Dyeing and finishing;
(4) Taking conditions.
The anti-pilling measures that have been adopted are:
(1) Reduce the molecular weight of polyester to reduce the friction fastness, bending fatigue resistance and strength of the fiber, and make the small balls formed by the fiber on the surface of the fabric easier to fall off;
(2) Change the shape of the fiber section. Special-shaped cross-section fibers, such as "T" or "Y" shapes, are easy to break when bent, and it is more difficult to entangle the fibers into clusters than round fibers;
(3) Reduce fiber elongation, increase short fiber length, twist of spun yarn, or use post-processing methods to obtain anti-pilling effect, such as immersing PET fiber in an alkali metal methanol solution at 180～240℃ To process
(4) Use blending methods to improve pilling resistance, such as blending 1:1 cotton and PET to obtain pilling resistance fibers.
AKZO Nobel NV has developed a polyester fiber and yarn with high pilling resistance. During production, the polyvinyl alcohol block copolymer is uniformly added to the polyester mixture as a separate phase. This specially formulated polymer contains at least 90% mol of polyethylene terephthalate. The polymer is The ester mixture is added after copolymerization, and its weight ratio is 1% to 7%. When the polymer and the polyester mixture are uniformly mixed, the polyester fiber with anti-pilling characteristics can be prepared by ordinary spinning method.